Thursday, September 17, 2009

Who's Your Favorite?

So on Monday of this week, I had to present a bulletin board on an author or illustrator for my Children's Lit. class. The author that i choose was Ezra Jack Keats. Although I did not know of him before this project, I am pleased to say that I would be willing to send him a thank you note and tell him that he is an awesome artist and writer.

Ezra Jack Keats started as an artist at a very young age. His family was poor so it has been said that his father at one point traded someone a bowl of soup for a tube of paint. Also, he apparently started to paint on his mother's dining room table. Keats' got older and started to illustrate for various companies some of which include: backrounds for marval comics and even (brace yourself) Playboy (Yes, this blog may be PG-13 at times). Even though Keats did not marry he still loved kids and they loved him, illustrating over 85 books, making him a Callacott winner. Some of his books include: Snowy Day, Whistle For Willie (my personal favorite), and Peter's Chair.

So here is a picture of my bulletin board. Enjoy!

A special thanks goes out to a fellow teacher and aunt for providing a poor college kid with some awesome supplies! Love you Aunti Shari!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice BB! And, great choice for an author although I think I like his illustrations as much as his writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the supplies worked for you Kelpy! Great job! :-)
    Love, Auntie Shari

    ReplyDelete