Friday, September 18, 2009

Here We Go...

Anyone knows that a college kid only needs minimal distraction to get sidetracked from their mountains upon mountains of homework. Last week, I was very distracted by a book by one of my favorite authors. Deeanne Gist. Gist writes historical fiction set in the west and I often find myself loving the simplicity of the life back then, even if it is just ficitonal. The book that was keeping my attention all week, was her recent new release: A Bride in the Bargain.

So i proceeded to read this book (which did not take long) and found, once again, another good book. There is just something about being lost in a good book where the characters are the only ones who really know that world like you do. Lonely you say? No. I find that some things that I absolutely love, are better kept to myself because it is a treasure. Some books are worth discussion, but i remember when the Twilight series came out and no one knew about it. I loved those books because that was something that people had not know and over expose. Now it is too late. Twilight is just another mere book series that people are way to obsessed about and I don't really care for it anymore. This is the magic of imagination. I think that God created me with a weird mind, as if he has created this special way of letting me treasure something all for myself. This is what reading is to me and I am still not entirely satisfied with that description because I cannot fully describe how it makes me feel.

thanks for reading,

Kels :)

No comments:

Post a Comment