Thursday, September 17, 2009

Lets Talk Technology

Something that I know that I may never be better at then my mom is (drum roll please) technology. But this is OK. I have come to except this fact. Fixing my own computer needs would be a lot easier. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind hulling my computer across campus and hanging with my mom, but I don't think that technology likes me as much.

It can be fun to get a new gadget that makes life easier than we expect and we may feel SO cool to hold that new iPod touch in our hands , but I also feel like technology can plug the toilet bowl of life. In other words,I would like to get back into the old fashioned way of doing things. Sometimes I try to find the time to send snail mail to my aunt, but even then it is just convenient to log on to Facebook and drop a note.

As for technology in the classroom, I think that most of the time, I will use it to plan lessons and activities, but I do not want to have to teach students to use it. I may not agree with myself in the future, but right now I am sticking with good ol fashioned learning. I want students to learn about hard work and that learning can be essentially from them.

thanks for reading,

Kels

No comments:

Post a Comment